Keep in mind, interlibrary loan should not be used for:
- Duplicates of materials owned by Hutchins Library or any departmental libraries.
- Required class materials (i.e. textbooks, reading lists) that are available at the Bookstore.
- Materials to be placed on reserve.
- Photocopy requests which violate copyright regulations (i.e. two articles from the same issue or more than 10% of a publication).
Costs for materials borrowed will be handled as follows:
- Borrowing charges incurred for standard requests will be absorbed by the Library.
- Overdue fines will be charged at the rate of $.50/day beginning the day after the material is due for every day the library is open until it is returned or the maximum charge of $10.00 is reached. College students, faculty, and staff can pay fines in cash or they will be charged through the College accounting office.
- Costs for damaged or lost books (as determined by lending library or after 20 days overdue) will be paid by the requestor.
Limitations placed on the use of borrowed material by the lending library will be honored.
Length of loan is determined by the lending library. Renewals must be requested at least 5 days before the due date.